Thursday, September 26, 2013

The Wondrous Life of Oscar Wao

When I was first handed this book to read over the summer, I really believed that it was going to be just another summer assignment that I would dread to read. But a few chapters in I really enjoyed reading and was one of those books I could not put down. The development of the narrator as a character and how he influenced Oscar was one of my favorite themes of the book. It was very similar to a father-son relationship which was interesting because Oscar never really had that father figure in his life. This book also explains the very scary but very real family dynamic in a typical Domincan American household. Some parts of the book it almost seemed like the mother was psychologically torturing Lola and that was very upsetting. Overall, I am really enjoying the book and can not wait to see how it progresses.

No comments:

Post a Comment