Monday, November 4, 2013

Coyote and the Pebbles

Although I read this story a few weeks ago, I remember the artwork and the message of the story very vividly. Reading this story was a very unique experience. I've never really read a story where a Creation myth was illustrated. I enjoyed this piece for the various morals that can be taken away. One thing that I noticed right away from reading this story is the concept of being on time is very important. The coyote was left out of the meeting because of the fact that he just was not able to arrive promptly. Also, there seems to be an underlying theme of arrogance. The coyote believed that he could have the best artwork in the star with his pebbles but in the end he ended up messing up everyone else's artwork. This story tells us never to get too arrogant about any one of your characteristics. I really enjoyed reading this story because it was one of the only stories that I've read describing the creation myth of a culture.

No comments:

Post a Comment